Relic Run 2024 - Bighorn Relic Roundup!!

2wheelbob

Supporting Member
Supporter
OSC Alumni
Greetings and salutations campers!! This post is to announce that the date and location has been set for the annual Relic Run! We figured we’d post up early so everyone has enough time to get the old bomber ready for a road trip of epic proportions! This years trip will find us in the Bighorn Mountains of north central Wyoming. It will be a base camp style trip with two separate day long trail rides, each incorporating amazing scenery, a chance to ‘lock the hubs’ and most importantly, ice cream sammiches! Here are W,W,W,W, and the Y:

Who - Vehicles that were born on or before 1989
What - Camping in the Bighorn Mountains and two days worth of trail rides (mountain lakes to swim in, native American rock art, dinosaur foot prints, amazing views)There will also be a gear show and shine, pot luck dinner, possibly a movie…and I almost forgot, the World Famous Daisy Red Rider BB Gun shoot!!
Where - Camp will be located approximately 12 miles north of Hyattville, Wyoming at a private cabin (complete with endless well water and a flushie toilet for the ladies)!
When - Arrival at camp August 8th, depart for home August 11th
Y - Because we all enjoy getting out the old, fickle camping gear, getting into our clunky, old rust bucket trucks, going on long hot drives, and getting ice cream!!

There will be further info coming. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please ask away. The fine folks who admin this page will be handling the sign ups, money, etc. I’m just the head cat wrangler!

Hope to see everyone there!!

Attachments

• IMG_1673.jpeg
    IMG_1673.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 46

Offroad FJ

Supporting Member
Supporter
Really hoping to make it this year. The Scout runs but she doesn't really stop....I guess as long as we don't go any faster than we want to hit, we're good? Seriously, brakes are a priority, replacing the square tires ( although, square tires help to keep the speed down), replacing the nearly nonexistent floorboards and a few other minor things and she'll be good to go. We won't be too worried about pinstriping, she's got a very rustic look right now.

Back