Mining complex west of Beaver

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
Meh, just another government excuse to spend tax money and 'protect' us. I can totally understand the safety portion of things but when they go out of their way to doze, torch or bury history in the name of 'safety' and reclamation' I take personal offense. Step by step the DOGM is using tax money to erase the history of Utah, the treasure house of the nation.

Kevin B.

EU Contributor
One of the headaches for the state is that many people love to come to old mines and ghost towns for the history, adventure and picture-taking opportunities.

I like how people getting off the couch and exploring the unique history of this state [sic] is a headache.

What a load of crap.

DAA

Critter Whisperer
Supporter
Ya just gotta love them Bureaucrats!

Seriously, that is a LOAD of crap.

- DAA

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
I like how people getting off the couch and exploring the unique history of this state [sic] is a headache.

What a load of crap.

Yup, know you know how the DOGM operates. Current mines (think coal, copper and uranium in Utah) pay huge taxes and the DOGM can dip into that for reclamation. They will spend every cent to erase history.

LFNTMS

Supporting Member
Supporter
The money they spend erasing history could just as easily be spent to preserve it for future generations.

Back