Ghost town? Or not?

DAA

Critter Whisperer
Supporter
So...

Question about what if any guidelines should apply to submitting sites as ghost towns using the "Ghost Town: Place Name Here" title and posting format.

As an example, I'll use the Revenue mine in the Wah Wah's. A few pics of the site:

20130516_Wendover-STG_Offroad-142W.jpg

20130516_Wendover-STG_Offroad-156W.jpg

20130516_Wendover-STG_Offroad-157W.jpg

As far as I know, this was never a real town, with a post office or anything like that. To be honest, I don't know exactly what it was - I've found next to nothing about it with google, but my take is it was simply a mining camp for the workers of the extensive workings nearby.

But the ruins are more extensive, more intact, more interesting than the big majority of ghost towns that had saloons and stores and post offices and such.

So, what say all of you? Should this be included in the "Ghost Town" format of submittals, or just posted as a garden variety "site" without the ear marks of a ghost town database entry?

Oh, and if anyone knows anything at all about this history of the Revenue, and Pine Grove canyon, speak up! :D

- DAA

Old Jeeper

EU Contributor
I agree. Though not a true town, there's so much there that it could have been.
I say it warrants inclusion as a ghost town.

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
Hmmm, great question. Perhaps we just do them in the same format and call them a site. From there we can figure out how to list them in the master list. Your absolutely right about the size and condition of mines rivaling ghost towns, and I'd argue that folks living there considered them a 'town' in that day and age.

Back