Asay Town aka Asay Settlement

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
Some interesting info on Asay Town. We need to get this site documented and submitted to the database.

99discovery

Supporting Member
Supporter
I'll be taking the family down to Coral Pink Sand Dunes early May. Looks like Hatch is on the route. I could stop and do some photographing, as long as there is a place for my truck/travel trailer to park!

edit: Looks like it would be fairly simple to visit the historical marker. The townsite appears to be on private property, I wonder if anything is even visible, even if we could get permission. The settlement should be near the border of NE Teegarden and the Yardley Ranches property, most likely along the Asay Creek (to power the mill). Satellite only shows (at least to my untrained eye) cattle ranching operations.

marker.JPG
marker4.JPG

Last edited:

99discovery

Supporting Member
Supporter
I have a free Utah 24k-topo garmin layer that I downloaded and kept from ages ago that actually has a waypoint for Asay Town. On Satellite, you still can't see anything. But it's part of the Yardley Ranches LLC. Yardley has a website with contact information. We can contact the ranch. @moab_cj5 / @cruiseroutfit , do you want me to send them an email? Or does anyone else want to take the lead?

asay town.JPG

moab_cj5

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
I have a free Utah 24k-topo garmin layer that I downloaded and kept from ages ago that actually has a waypoint for Asay Town. On Satellite, you still can't see anything. But it's part of the Yardley Ranches LLC. Yardley has a website with contact information. We can contact the ranch. @moab_cj5 / @cruiseroutfit , do you want me to send them an email? Or does anyone else want to take the lead?

View attachment 16379
Go for it! Contact away if you are comfortable reaching out.

99discovery

Supporting Member
Supporter
My wife came up to me all curious if I was starting a ranch or something, as I now have this 100-page full-color high quality catalog showcases various different types of cows. Honestly, I wonder if each cow has it's own page (similar to a yearbook).

Yardley Cattle Ranching? What's up with.....ah yes!! The Asay Ghost Town!

So they never bothered to email me back regarding permission to access the site, but somehow I'm on their mailing list and have this massive catalog dedicated to livestock. I'll have to post some pics.

Back