Relic Run V Picture & Report Thread - Post Here!

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
There appears to be a kangaroo pushing against the Series Rover?? Nice pics and wish I'd made it.. the 45 run was a lot less driving this year.

The Ramble is much more doable in the 62. So there's hope yet!

Any extra shirts available? I would go M or L if you have one.

Cheers,

Matt Howell here on the forum has the remainder of the t-shirts, hopefully he'll chime in soon with details on obtaining one. Worst case he can drop some shirts by here and I have daily shipping to get one to you.

waynefj40

WoW! What a fantastic retro-relic experience. It was such a treat to meet so many great folks and listen to the stories behind the rides and the equipment.

Right around soapstone basin, we inadvertently knocked a can of white gas loose in the back of our 40. It cut our trip short this year, but we'll be right back at it next year.

Thanks again to all who planned, attended and helped make this run so unforgettable.

-Wayne and Ken Dahlberg
(White '76 FJ40)

rollout vid: https://vimeo.com/73044393

pics:

Image_01.jpg
Image_02.jpg
Image_03.jpg
Image_04.jpg
Image_05.jpg
Image_06.jpg
Image_07.jpg
Image_08.jpg
Image_09.jpg

Image_10.jpg
Image_11.jpg
Image_12.jpg
Image_13.jpg
Image_14.jpg

Last edited:

McLovin'

As the only family with a Jeep out this year, and one of the few other than FJ runners, PLEASE if you have a Jeep that is 79 or older model plan to join us next year. As much as I love Toyotas, we really need diversity on the Relic Run. Looking forward to next year already. If you haven't gone with you don't know what you are missing and I pity you.

mkitchen

Looks Like a GREAT trip!

Well once again I missed out. Please, Please, Please, post your dates as soon as possible. I really want to make the run but need to lock time in early in the year for time off.

It looks like you all had a great time. I am in love with the Dormobile, but regardless, there was a lot of old iron that merited more attention. Some very gorgeous country up there. It reminds me a lot of the country I grew up in, eastern Oregon, sage brush, pine trees, and mountain meadows. A fellow can't ask for nicer scenery. How was the weather up there? Sounds like you had a nice cooling shower at least.

Only one Ford full size, just going to have to work on that. Once the dates and run area get posted, I will work on bringing up some folks from AZ. Till then, wheel on folks.
Mikey
"Old Iron Runs"

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
As the only family with a Jeep out this year, and one of the few other than FJ runners, PLEASE if you have a Jeep that is 79 or older model plan to join us next year. As much as I love Toyotas, we really need diversity on the Relic Run. Looking forward to next year already. If you haven't gone with you don't know what you are missing and I pity you.

I fully agree!

Well once again I missed out. Please, Please, Please, post your dates as soon as possible. I really want to make the run but need to lock time in early in the year for time off...

Getting a date set in stone for 2014 is a priority. We'll likely start a "when is best for you" type thread in Dec/Jan so that we can start gauging interest in various dates.

VERY excited to hear this.

:cool:

bryson

Conveniently inconvenient
Supporter
OSC Alumni
So jealous... Great pics (except the ones of Brian in the cut-offs...)

I'll make it sometime soon. :)

iceaxe

Supporter
The Retro Ramble will be similar to the Relic Run, but 1989 and older vehicles will be allowed. It's in early planning phase right now, so stay tuned to Expedition Utah for more info!

That's a good name for it, this is what I've been waiting for, I call it Comanche project motivation. :cool:

Back