OSC 2020

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
RR Staff
Let me restate. Specific. Location. Please. Carbon county is a huge place. I’ve never been to one of these. “Same place as last year” doesn’t tell me anything.
That info is shared with the registered attendees in the registered OSC participant section. We've had random folks just show up to "tag-a-long" on other registered events and that is strictly forbidden with this location, event format and Covid regulations. There are threads in the OSC participant section where that info will be or already is. For example:

Bergdh

Supporting Member
Supporter
Let me restate. Specific. Location. Please. Carbon county is a huge place. I’ve never been to one of these. “Same place as last year” doesn’t tell me anything.
My first year of OSC I felt very lost not knowing where camp was going to be. It’s a bit unsettling. But when you just plan to be gone for x days and know you will be in Carbon county, and you will be told where to meet the group for the trail ride in, it is pretty awesome to just go without knowing. Trust the adventure!

Eppie

Supporting Member
Supporter
Just to clarify the discrepancy. The announcement shows Oct 1st - 4th (Thursday - Sunday) however I've seen Oct 2nd - 4th (Friday - Sunday). It appears that it should be 2nd-4th but just need to make sure I have the correct dates and do not show up a day late? ;)

oberg_tacomalife

Supporting Member
Supporter
Good Morning! Total newbie here and came across this event last night. We are just barely getting into overlanding and have big plans as I am sure everyone does :) my question is do we need to have rock sliders and skid plates for this skill camp? We are in a 2020 manual tacoma. Any help/information would be great before we register

moab_cj5

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Good Morning! Total newbie here and came across this event last night. We are just barely getting into overlanding and have big plans as I am sure everyone does :) my question is do we need to have rock sliders and skid plates for this skill camp? We are in a 2020 manual tacoma. Any help/information would be great before we register
Sliders are not necessary for the runs. It would be good to have you there! The event is a per person registration this year.

moab_cj5

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Just re-read your post. The FAQ has a bunch of info about the event. 2020, more than years past, is geared toward new folks to the hobby. A stock high clearance 4x4 is more than adequate for this event. The trail rides will be tailored to the experience and equipment of the group.

Here is a link to the FAQ. https://www.expeditionutah.com/forum/index.php?threads/overland-skills-camp-2020-register-here.7008/