• Overland Skills Camp 2019 Registration Open! Click here!

New kid on the block. Dmak checking in!

Dmak

Hello to everyone here. I was so excited to stumble across your forum through some random web searching. Been crawling through the forum non stop for the last 2 days. You guys have some excellent trail info here. Anyways, into my intro

My handle is Dmak, name is Dan. I moved to SLC with the Mrs from New Orleans about 2 years ago. When I got here I bought an old Jeep Grand Cherokee and have slowly been building it into my overland vehicle. Fast forward to present day and she's finally trail ready and pretty much done (are any of our rigs every truely done). I try to get out every weekend I can now. We've crawled all over the Uintas (amazing) and have been down to Moab a few times.

All of my trips have been solo as I don't really know anyone with a capable overland rig, so lately I've been looking to join in on some organized trail runs. It looks like I've found the right place.

Hers my rig - "The Rickety Cricket"
94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Here's what I've done so far
- swapped in a 242 tcase
- swapped drive lines for Cardin style u joints
- swapped interior with nice limited, power leather
- Fuel rail, injectors, fuel pump
- Swapped in an intake manifold from and 04 WJ high output. Port and polished
- K&n fipk intake
- swapped in axles with 4.11 gears
- full set of skid plates
- steel front bumper
- header panel and all front lights.
- 2 new doors, 1 fender and a new hood
- switched the tailgate with a Gen 2 for the pop glass
- isolator with auxiliary optima bluetop battery with a 600 watt pure sine wave invertor
- 4 inch lift (A who's who of brands)
- LED Fog lights on front bumper
- 265 70 r17 Goodyear Duratrac
- take off rims from a 2012 jeep Patriot
- 2 inch wheel spacers
- Garvin Wilderness Rack with tire/hi lift/shovel/extinguisher/Rotopax/toolbox mounts
- Warn M8000 winch on a cradle mount

I am very anxious to get to know you guys. Feel free to ask me any questions. Look forward to kicking up some dirt with you guys. Here's some pics.

tonkaman

Supporting Member
Supporter
Wow you've been busy on that jeep! Kudos for heading out solo and exploring. Most people sit at home forever hoping for the right time. Check out the upcoming trip section to join a group or put together a trip of your own and invite us along. We look foreword to having your input on the board!