• The upgrade is complete. Please notify of any problems

Linking & Advertising ExpeditionUtah.com

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
Hey crew,

I would ask that you hold off on mass invitations to ExpeditionUtah.com until we have everything set and ready to roll. Consider yourselves beta testers at this point :D

I've said before feel free to invite your freinds and family, but please don't add the link to your signature, forums, etc until I have time to work out all the member levels, add a moderator and get some more content uploaded. I'll be sure to let you know when that time is!

-Kurt

SAMI

Supporter
I bet i know what you're reffering to... I threw an invite to one of the coolest dudes ever, cause he showed interest off of someone else's very vague comment about this forum..

So shoot me ;) no really... the weddings coming up, let's do this..

-Jason

cruiseroutfit

Supporter
I bet i know what you're reffering to... I threw an invite to one of the coolest dudes ever, cause he showed interest off of someone else's very vague comment about this forum..

So shoot me ;) no really... the weddings coming up, let's do this..

-Jason
Wrong!

Feel free to invite ANYONE you feel would be a good fit for the forum, right this minute! I just don't want to open it up to mass users that just sign up to check it out a couple of times and don't ever anticipate becoming part of the community. There is room for all kinds no doubt, but I want to have some tiered benefits for those that come often, contribute research and reports and are interested in keeping some of Utah's treasures "off the radar" so to speak. On that note, I want to help people help themselves when it comes to planning a trip. Let them dig into the research, find the books, etc... rather than spoon feed anonymous users that never even post. Make sense?

awe crap...Slades here too,
is there no forum on the net where i can go that does not have slade and kurt as members? lol:D
LOL! You funny guy!

Lesse, I'm on the following forums:

Nikon forum (www.nikonians.org) a little...hardly ever any more...
www.sportsshooter.com (as a lurker)
www.vwvortex.com (again, lurking)
www.tdiclub.com (contribute a bit)
pirate
expo
dweeb
d-90
analog photographers users group (www.apug.org)
hybrid photographers users group (www.hybridphoto.org)
timelapse photographers users group (www.timescapes.org)
alternative photographers users group (www.alternativephotography.com)

I contribute actively to only a few...less and less on expo as I think that this site will fill my needs/wants better. Worldwide travel is cool and all, but I can be a better contributor here w/out sounding like a 'know it all...hey come to Utah' poster.

I'm doing a lot of timelapse right now, and am visiting that site a lot lately.

I gotta get a lot of surfing in this summer while I can...my teaching gig this fall probably won't allow me to hang out on the internet very much. :(

I'm thinking of starting the following website:

www.goofymechanicswhocanfixanythingthatdeltamightthrowatmeandrescueahawkatthesametimewhileraisingachildandbeingmarried.org

:cool:

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporter
Update:

Things are seemingly rolling nicely here on ExpeditionUtah.com, I think we have worked out most of the bugs and permission issues and would now like some help inviting others.

Know someone who shares our fervor and addiction to Utah? Please invite them to join us!

We are working on a new landing page as we speak. I'm hoping this new landing page will really detail what ExpeditionUtah is about and either encourage or discourage members from joining, depending on their personal interest in our interests. As soon as that is done we will step up to some slightly more aggressive invitations, signature lines, stuff like that. In the meantime, invite a friend that you think would feel at home on EU.com

-Thanks!