Eureka Ghost Rail: Tintic Range Railroad

McFate

OSC Alumni
Looks awesome - need to find some time to get out there and check it out for myself. I'm loving the photos guys.

BruteForce

Just be advised that there are still rail road ties laying about most of the length of that area. I've blown out a few tires running from Stockton to Eureka..

Jeeper

I made another trip out here yesterday to show some folks, and made a new discovery. The middle collapsed tunnel has an entrance at the top you can get through to enter the tunnel! We didn't dare got very far in riding boots and no lights or safety stuff.. but it may be worth going back for a little adventure...
Walk up this hill ....
1587313653917.png

This is what we found.

1B75F3EB-9A4E-43C6-8770-C634CFB8A204.jpeg

Jeeper

Also as a side note, many of the trails off the main road had 'no trespassing, private property' signs. I ignored them, but proceeded very cautiously. I was 99% sure it was BLM land. I just pulled the plat map for the area, and everything is owned by the US government..

tonkaman

Grip N Rip
Also as a side note, many of the trails off the main road had 'no trespassing, private property' signs. I ignored them, but proceeded very cautiously. I was 99% sure it was BLM land. I just pulled the plat map for the area, and everything is owned by the US government..

So what does that mean for access? It’s a no go?

Ps who was on the beta?

BruteForce

The Chief Tintic Mining company placed all those NO TRESPASSING signs. Its government land with mining rights granted to Chief Tintic. I've blasted that area extensively and have had zero issues.

Back