Ghost Town Film - Ghosts of the West

cruiseroutfit

Moderator & Supporting Member
Supporter
Anyone interested in seeing this come to Utah? I'm networking with Expedition Utah, the Utah Ghost Town Association and several other local groups to make this happen. I've been in contact with the films producers and we need to get 75'ish+ attendees to make this happen. I'm not looking into private venue theaters that could accommodate us, any suggestions on that front?

Who is interested in attending?

cruiseroutfit

Supporter
I'd be in. I wonder if brewvies would accommodate something like this?

Two issues with Brewvies... they can't accommodate digital (yet), I know they have a fundraiser going to convert. Lastly, this would likely need to be a family event to get enough in attendance to cover the spread and they are strictly 21 & over. Love Brewvies too!

Looking at a few options:

Post Theater (Fort Douglas @ UofU)
Water Gardens (Holladay)
Jordan Commons (Sandy)
Salt Lake Library Auditorium (Salt Lake)
Desert Star Playhouse (Murray)
Tower Theater (Salt Lake City)

If anyone has additional suggestions we should check with, please post!

M

MicahMan

Unregistered Guest
Man this looks cool totally in for 10 a person we spent 16 for Imax the other day.

moab_cj5

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
I'd be in. $10 isn't too much. I am not sure if Kaysville Theater would do something like this, but it may be worth a shot. Tower may be the best bet though. They only do indepent films to my knowledge.

DAA

Critter Whisperer
Supporter
Interested, but would depend heavily on time and place. $10 is nothing. Committing a few hours, and especially if it involves heading into SLC, that's far from nothing.

I thought the trailer actually kind of sucked though, to be honest. I came away from it not really having any idea what watching the film is actually going to be like. If the trailer had put any kind of hook into me at all, I'd have just bought the DVD already and been done with it.

- DAA

cruiseroutfit

Supporter
I'm still trying to work out a showing for Utah and ideally would have liked to do it in March/April however I'm likely going to be traveling a long ways from home so I had to put the ghost town movie on the back burner until I get my travel schedule ironed out.

Back